Firewalk: Embracing Different Abilities (ebook) presents perspective and action plan for anyone who lives with disability. Author Kathy O’Connell draws from her own experiences of living with cerebral palsy and working with others as a counselor in this powerful — and empowering — book about living life to the fullest with a disability. Readers are offered an approach to moving through feelings of fear and victimization, which lead to embracing and appreciating their different abilities. As a result, people experience greater love, happiness, and fulfillment.
What you'll get:
- View your difference as a valuable gift, teacher, and opportunity for growth
- Move beyond hardship and “why me” victimization
- Face fear, anger, and frustration head-on so you can access your authentic self
- Stop letting others’ attitudes and perceptions define, limit, and hurt you
- Get in touch with your sexuality and power to attract others
- Find your purpose and go after it with new abilities, strength, and focus